This is an easy summer meal to make on the grill involving simple ingredients. The amount of ingredients will depend on how many people you are cooking for.
- Balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 clove of garlic, minced
- Chicken breasts- skinless/boneless
- Tomatoes- sliced (can be roma, vine, beef steak…whichever you prefer!!)
- Fresh basil leaves
- Fresh Mozzarella cheese, thick slices
***I used one slice of tomato, one slice of cheese, and 1-2 basil leaves for each chicken breast.
- Let chicken marinade in balsamic vinegar and garlic over night or at least one hour prior to start of cooking.
- Marinade Tomatoes in some balsamic.
- Heat up grilled to medium-high heat (if you grease you grill before cooking go ahead and do that as well!!).
- Place chicken on the grill, cook 5-7 minutes on each side (depending on thickness of chicken).
- Also, place tomato slices directly onto grill and grill on each side until grill marks show.
- Before chicken is almost completely cooked place tomato slice, basil, and then cheese on top and let cook 1-2 minutes with grill lid down until cheese it melted.
- Once cheese has melted the chicken is done! Serve and Enjoy!
- You can drizzle some balsamic vinegar on top, or if you have time, make a balsamic reduction to drizzle over the chicken (~1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan, boil until reduced by half- Don’t let it burn!! It will become thick like syrup!).