Hello! Shame on me for not doing a great job at keeping up with my blog. The past 2 weeks have been a bit hectic, but, I have been cooking and dining out and have plenty to share with you! This week will be filled with a few new recipes and a new restaurant!
I would like to start by saying Happy Memorial Day! A big shout out and thank you to all of the men and women who have served our country and have made the biggest sacrifices known to man kind. God Bless America!
Yesterday I had a few friends over for a Sunday brunch. Summer is filled with weekend Barbecues, and personally, although BBQ’s are wonderful and filled with great friends and food, near the end of the summer I get sick of the hamburger hot dog gig. So, I decided to do something a little different over the long Holiday weekend– Brunch!!
Here is what the spread looked like:
A big thank you to Erin for reminding me to take a picture for my blog!! Also Thank you Erin and Jon for the bagel’s and donuts, Ashley and Rob for the pastries, and Jessi and Matt for the fruit salad! Also thanks to all for the champagne and juice for the mimosa bar, which I sadly did not get a picture of!
Also, I tried out an egg casserole recipe. I don’t have a close up picture but here is the recipe below- (I forget where I found it… but the ingredients are correct)
- 8 slices of white bread, cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 10 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp dill
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pepper (the recipe called for white- I used black and it was fine!)
- 1/2 small yellow onion
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- place bread in an even layer on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of bread in an even layer.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk eggs until fluffy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the eggs until well blended.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread and cheese.
- Cover dish with suran wrap and store in the refrigerator over night.
- The next morning preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake casserole for 45-50 minutes, until 165 degrees F.