If you are trying to incorporate “eating colors of the rainbow” into your diet to get more nutrients from fruits and vegetables, this recipe is perfect. Just look at the colors!!!
This recipe is a mix of what I have made in the past along with other recipes I have read on Pinterest. This recipe can be enjoyed many different ways. Have it on top of chicken or fish, or mix with shrimp for taco night. You can even eat it with tortilla chips or just as is! OR make it your omelet filling for breakfast. The possibilities are endless!
- 1 cup corn (fresh-cooked and shucked off cob, or frozen-thawed)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Orange Bell pepper, diced
- 1 Avacado, diced
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes OR Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced (you can leave the seed in, but I think it gets to be too messy)
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno’s, seeded, and finely diced (You can use only 1 if you are not a fan of the heat)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 Tabespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
1. Place all ingredients into a large bowl and mix!
And that’s it! You can add more of what you do like and eliminate what you don’t like! You can also add a can of black beans (drained and rinsed). The black beans would be a great alternative when making taco’s for vegetarians. I will warn you, this recipe makes A LOT but trust me, it will be gone by the end of the meal—and if you’re making this for only 2, you will definitely want leftovers for lunch the next day!