Have any leftover hard boiled eggs from Easter? Don’t let them go to waste! Food Networks Healthy Eats blog has 5 different recipes to try! I also have an egg salad recipe I would like to share with you!
Molly Jean’s Egg Salad
- 6 whole hard boiled eggs
- 6 hard boiled, egg whites only
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellmann’s Canola Cholesterol Free Mayo)
- 1 TBSP dijon mustard
- 2 TBSP capers
- 2 TBSP chopped red onion
- 2 TBSP Chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel eggs, remove yolk from 6 of the eggs.
- Chop up eggs and place into a large bowl.
- Place capers, red onion, chives into the bowl with the eggs and mix.
- In a small bowl mix mayo, dijon, salt, and pepper.
- Pour mayo mixture into the bowl with eggs and mix until mayo evenly coats eggs.
Below are a few ideas on how to serve the egg salad:
- Place it on a bed of lettuce.
- Place in lettuce cups.
- Open face sandwich
- On a piece of toast
- Regular sandwich
- As a wrap
- Stuff in a pita
- Or just eat as is!