This potato salad was inspired by Giada De Laurentis’ recipe Potato, Orange, and Arugula Salad. I saw her making it on her show Giada At Home. The salad sounded so refreshing I just had to make it for dinner. I found most of the ingredients that Giada’s recipe called for, so I just made a few alterations to her recipe from what I had here in the house! And let’s face it- I was too lazy to go to the store.
Arugula and Orange Potato Salad
- Vegetables oil cooking spray
- 1.5 pound new potatoes, halved (or quartered depending on size)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Cups Arugula
- 2 medium oranges
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
- a few thinly slice onion (if you’re not an onion fan only add some to your liking, if you are an onion fan pile the onions on!)
- Zest of one orange
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh orange juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl mix potatoes and olive oil until the potatoes are well coated.
- Arrange potatoes on baking sheet, cut side down.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast potatoes in the oven for about 35-40 minutes, until golden.
- When potatoes are finished, allow to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Add arugula to a large serving bowl.
- Peel and trim the ends of the orange with a sharp knife.
- Using a sharp paring knife, cut along the membrane on both sides of each orange segment. Free the segment and add to arugula.
- Squeeze the juice from the membrane into a small bowl and reserve 1 tablespoon for dressing
- Add blue cheese and sliced red onion to arugula and oranges.
- For the dressing: In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, orange juice, orange zest, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Add the cooled potatoes to the salad (****potatoes must be cooled before adding to salad otherwise arugula will wilt!****).
- Add dressing to the salad and toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Serve and enjoy!