Another 80 degree and sunny day in Cleveland means another day to use the grill! I started the whole “Taco Tuesday” tradition about 2 months ago and try and do it as often as possible, depending on everyone’s schedule. You wouldn’t believe how many ways there is to make Taco’s! I’ve only repeated a taco recipe once, which was the Shredded Chicken Crock-pot Taco’s, that I shared with you in an earlier post.
My brother is home for spring break and one of his favorite meals is taco’s. He was quite upset to hear that I have started this tradition without him being home. So there was no question in that I would definitely be partaking in Taco Tuesday while he was home for break!
Grilled Vegetables and Steak Tacos
- 3 Bell Peppers (any color- I used red, green, and yellow) sliced into strips
- 1 medium sized onion sliced into big peices
- 3-4 TBSP Canola oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 1.5-2 pounds steak— I used strips of tenderloin that was already prepackaged at the store- most often used for stir fry (You can substitute Chicken or tofu if you would like. Just cut into strips!
- Turn grill on medium heat and place grill bowls directly on grill. Spray bowls with cooking spray (Pam grilling works great!)
- Slice bell peppers and onions and place in a bowl.
- Add 2 or 3 TBSP Canola oil, salt and pepper (to taste), and cayenne pepper (optional) to vegetable mixture and mix.
- Add vegetables to hot grill bowl (turn heat to medium-low heat if too hot).
- Cook vegetables for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season steak strips with salt and pepper in a separate bowl and add 1 TBSP canola oil.
- After vegetables have been cooking for 10 minutes add the steak to the other grill bowl (if using a whole steak just place directly on the grill. If you do not have a second grill bowl you can add the steak to the vegetables and cook. If concerned about food safety, cook vegetables until done and place in bowl, cover bowl with foil to keep warm, and then add the steak to that grill bowl.)