Oh Valentine’s Day… Although I believe it is a Hallmark gimmick, It is nice to be treated “extra” special. My boyfriend has a pretty hectic work schedule, so we were able to celebrate over the weekend. He took me a Blue Point Grill, located downtown Cleveland. Probably the best seafood restaurant in the city! It was a splurge, but definitely worth it!
Although I did not get to spend Valentine’s Day with my guy, I was still surrounded by people I love and who love me, my parent’s. I don’t have much money to buy flowers or expensive chocolates, but there were a pint of strawberries and a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips in the house! I knew it was something my parent’s would enjoy (and me!)! Chocolate Covered strawberries are a perfect Valentine’s Day treat- chocolaty, sweet, and healthy! And super easy to make
What you’ll need:
1 pint of strawberries, cleaned
1 12 ounce bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (or any type of chocolate chip your heart desires!)
1. Using a medium size sauce pan, fill with about 1-2 inches of water.
2. On the stove, heat water until it begins to boil and then turn on the lowest setting, or shut heat off completely.
3. Pour chocolate chips into a heat safe bowl and place on sauce pan. Be sure the water is not touching the bowl.
4. Let the chocolate chips sit for about a minute and then mix with a fork or whisk. The chocolate will slowly melt.
5. When the chocolate is ALMOST melted, remove the bowl (and turn the stove off if still on). Continue to mix chocolate until completely melted.
6. Set up a tray with parchment paper. This is where you will place the strawberries to dry!
7. Dip each strawberry into the chocolate while holding the stem and then place on the parchment paper.
hold by stem
Dip into chocolate
Pull out from chocolate
Place on tray covered in parchment paper
8. Once all strawberries have been covered let strawberries out room temp to dry, or place them in the fridge if you like them cold!
9. Enjoy with people you love!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine’s Day!